Monday, December 11, 2006

One Thing...

If there was one thing in the world that you wanted to change, what would it be? Well, I can only speak for myself, but if there was one thing that I could change, it would be the "Ins" or "Insert" key on the keyboard.

It is a useless key and serves no purpose.What good does it do? Do you know anyone that uses it? I sure as hell don't.

I'm not a professional typist and can't type crap without looking at the key board. When I look at the screen while I'm typing it looks like this. Tghy qhyuxj kazr cis jnui opwes kcesr rbhew crau fuiem. This was supposed to be "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog... it wasn't even close. So needless to say, I don't look at the screen very often when I'm typing.

But what really pisses me off is when I look up and everything is disappearing because I've accidently hit the damned Insert key while I'm trying to actually insert something into existing text. It doesn't even insert... it replaces... why don't they call it "Rep" or "Replace"... it sure as hell doen't insert. Change the name and then move it some where out of the damned way for crying out loud! Or just get rid of the damned thing all together.

At least the Alt key performs a function, though it doesn't alter any thing nor does it alternate TO anything, but it comes in handy when the rodent decides to quit working.

Ctrl is the same way... doesn't control shit, but does perform a few useful fuctions as well.

But DAM "Ins" really pisses me off.

I think it's time for a bowel movement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are channeling Hunter Thompson.